Resume of Village Trustee Carmen Rue
- 2008 - present - Village Trustee, Monticello, New York.
- 1988 - present - Community action, advocacy against corruption and in favor of open government; education, translation services for minority and under-privileged residents
- 1991 - present - Disaster Volunteer: American Red Cross of Sullivan Co.
- 1994 - 2005 - Commissioner (4 years as Chair): Monticello Human Rights Commission
- 1995 - 1996 - Incorportor and Founding Board Member: Habitat for Humanity of Sullivan Co.
- 1991 - 1993 - Incorporator & Founding Board Member: The River School (parent-run Montessori elementary, formerly at Innisfree)
- 1990 - 1995 - Board Member: Innisfree Corporation (youth hostel, Milanville, Pa.)
- 1989 - 1994 - Treasurer & Executive Committee Member: Upper Delaware Unitarian Universalist Fellowship (formerly at Innisfree)
- 1988 - 1993 - Board Member, representing the Town of Thompson: Community Action Commission to Help the Economy
- 1987 - 1989 - Fund-raising: Alternatives to Family Violence of Sullivan Co.
- 1986 - 1988 - Fund-raising: United Way of Sullivan Co.
- 1986 - 1988 - Fund-raising: The Salvation Army
- 1985 - 1988 - Fund-raising: Sullivan Co. Federation for the Homeless
- 2012 - pres. - Office Manager, Choices Mental Health Counseling PLLC, Monticello.
- 1990 - 1995 - Teacher aid, Sullivan Diagnostic Treatment Center, Harris.
- 1988 - 1995 - Legal interpreter, self-employed, for courts, probation, attorneys.
- 1982 - 1990 - File clerk, Right Finishing Co., Monticello
- 1980 - 1982 - Day care, self-employed (eight children) in my home, Monticello
- 1978 - 1979 - File clerk, WVOS Radio, Monticello
- 1976 - 1977 - Cashier, Concord Resort Hotel, Kiamesha Lake
- 1974 - 1975 - Waitress, Laurel Hotel, Sackett Lake
- 1969 - 1973 - Clerk, American Hotel, East 86th Street, NYC
- 1966 - 1969 - Manager, Roma Shoe Store, Lima, Peru
- Workshop presenter/chaperon - Independent Living Jamboree (overnight event for youth, aged 14-18, in foster care and preventive services), Sullivan County Department of Social Services, Frost Valley YMCA Camp, Claryville: April 6-8, 1990, April 12-14, 1991, April 3-5, 1992, April 3-5, 1993, April 8-10, 1994
- January 2001 - Nail Technician in New York State (current)
- June to September 2000 - Middletown NY School of Beauty (diploma in Nail Technology, licensed by New York State)
- 1968 - Learned nail technology in Peru before coming to USA in 1969
- 1968 - Universida Villareal, Lima, Peru: Assistant Nurse
- 1965 - Colegio Mixto San Gabriel (Institute #5), Callao, Peru
Personal and Family
- Earliest political activities were in Peru as a teenager. Close relatives held high office in the national government. Parents owned a successful funeral home in Callao.
- USA resident since May 1, 1969. Resident of Monticello, New York since 1973. Proud USA citizen since 1978 (filed own papers with INS without the aid of an attorney).
- Fluent in Spanish and English. Married to Tom Rue, licensed mental health and addictions counselor. Three children: Janesa Calone, biology teacher in Rockland Co.; twins Eddie Rue and Carolina Rue Kohan, personal trainers in Monticello, New York and Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
PO Box 706
Monticello, NY 12701
crue07 @ gmail.com